Hello and Welcome to Year 2!
The Year 2 Team is - Mrs Thomas, Mrs Sirisena, Miss Dahling, Mrs James, Mrs Davies-Chandler and of course Mrs Bell and Ms Bennett teaching some PE and Music.
This is our main way of communicating with you. We will share routine information and some of the fantastic learning that has taken place with you on Class Story. Please be sure to read Thoughts for the Weekend which is shared every Friday as it is a round up of news and handy reminders.
Please send your child to school wearing their PE kit on PE days. Emmanuel have PE on Wednesday and Downing have PE on Thursday.
As a school, we are focused on improving reading and writing. In order to help with this we would like the children to read as much as possible. Re-reading the same book again is great at this stage and there are many ways to make it varied:
- make up your own story using just pictures
- choose words within the text for your child to find and discuss the meanings
- take turns reading a sentence each and high five when you get to the full stops
- listen to your child read and encourage them top add voices for the characters
- use the word list at the back of the phonics book to help your child learn to spell
- choose some words which could be replaced by synonyms and then re-read - decide which version is best
- read to your child as much as possible to help increase their vocabulary
We also recommend learning the 2,5 and 10 x tables on the website 'Hit the Button'. If appropriate, we will set some revision work on MyMaths which follows on from learning in class.
Other home learning will be set weekly on Class Dojo. Please add the completed homework to your child's Class Dojo portfolio.