Welcome to St Andrew’s Nursery
This information is for parents of children starting Nursery in September 2021. We would normally give you this information in an evening meeting, which we are unable to hold this year owing to covid restrictions. For the same reason, all information on this page may be subject to change as the covid situation evolves.
We have included some information about our Nursery:
- New Intake Booklet 2021-22; it has information and pictures about the Nursery and school.
- Parents' Information for Nursery 2021 Powerpoint; this gives you all the information you need about your child starting Nursery.
- Nursery Curriculum Information for Parents Powerpoint; this gives you information about the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and the Nursery day.
- All About Me booklet; this is for you to fill in for us to discuss with you at the home visit,
- Tour of the classrooms; these short videos show you the different areas of the classrooms.
- Introduction to Nursery Staff; in this short video we introduce ourselves.
- Teacher's Passports for you to find out more about us!
Our nursery runs across two rooms: Ladybirds and Bumblebees.
All children are eligible for fifteen hours of funded early education per week (Universal Entitlement). Parents select a combination of five three-hour sessions across the week to make up the fifteen hours. Please note that for admission from September 2021 we will only be accepting children into nursery for a minimum of 12 hours / four sessions per week.
Morning sessions are from 8.55am until 11.55am.
A whole day (counts as two sessions) runs from 8.55am until 2.55pm. Children attending for a whole day bring a healthy packed lunch which they eat at around 12pm.
Children who are eligible for 30 hours per week of funded early education can attend our nursery all week (Extended Entitlement). It is possible to share the 30 hours with another setting and attend our nursery for part of the week.
Information about eligibility for 30 hours' funding can be found at www.childcarechoices.gov.uk and at www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk
The Nursery Team September 2021:
Mrs Amanda Ogilvie - Ladybird Class
Mrs Sarah Dean - Bumblebee Class
Nursery Nurses: Mrs Cathy Hobbs and Mrs Tracey Fuller
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com. Remember, no question is too small!
Tour of Bumblebees' classroom
Tour of Ladybirds' classroom
Introduction to Nursery staff